It’s a shocking statistic: About 10,000 infants are born in the United States each year with cerebral palsy, a condition than can be caused by childbirth trauma because a baby is deprived of oxygen during delivery.
Those statistics come from the federal Center for Disease Control and have left distraught parents facing a lifetime of special needs costs, medical bills and questions about why the trauma occurred.
In some cases, the trauma occurred because of a physician’s error, which can be classified as medical malpractice and in such cases parents who have been affected are turning to legal sources like the national network of cerebral palsy malpractice lawyers now available through injuryhelpdesk.
Please be aware that there are significant legal time limits involved in pursuing a cerebral palsy malpractice settlement so it is vitally important that you contact us at injuryhelpdesk for a free case evaluation to fully inform you of all your legal options to seek compensation.
What are some of the causes of birth injuries that our national network of cerebral palsy malpractice lawyers is currently investigating? Among them are:
- A breech delivery
- A delayed Cesarean section through incisions in the abdomen and uterus
- Fetal distress, which may occur when the pregnancy last too long
- Placental abruption when the placenta separates early from the uterus
- Medical negligence
- Shoulder dystocia when one or both of the baby’s shoulders gets stuck in the mother’s pelvis
- Excessive use or misuse of forceps
- Improperly treated infections.
- Failure to detect fetal distress
If your child developed cerebral palsy or another birth injury because of medical negligence you are facing significantly higher expenses in raising your child and caring for him or her as they grow up.
Under the law you have the right to seek damages against a doctor or other health care professionals who may have been responsible for your child’s injuries. Contact us at injuryhelpdesk as soon as possible and allow us to guide you through the process of reaching a cerebral palsy malpractice settlement.
What Compensation Are Parents Eligible for in a Medical Malpractice Case?
Medical malpractice damages in a cerebral palsy case can be quite substantial because national estimates of the costs of raising a child with cerebral palsy can average over $1 million for a lifetime of care because of special needs, physical therapy and other care that a normal child does not require.
Here are some of the compensation areas that the national network of cerebral palsy medical malpractice lawyers available through injuryhelpdesk have found common in such cases:
- Medical expenses
- Medicine expenses
- Transportation expenses (to and from medical facilities)
- Special education expenses
- Counseling expenses
- Physical therapy expenses
- Occupational therapy expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Loss of future wages
- Special equipment expenses: walkers, wheelchairs, or soundboards
- Special home accommodation expenses: installing a ramp and specialized rails
If you are a parent whose child developed cerebral palsy through medical malpractice please contact us at injuryhelpdesk for the free consultations now being offered through our national network of cerebral palsy medical malpractice lawyers and allow us to begin aggressively seeking a settlement for you.